We have implemented a new WLAN network in one of Ronal Polska’s factories.
The following tasks were carried out as part of the project:
- Expanding cabling network in order to implement the WLAN.
- Delivery of modern WLAN infrastructure – WLAN network controllers and Access Points dedicated for production halls (enabling operation in a difficult environment).
- Implementation of a new WLAN using the latest Aruba OS 8.x architecture:
- Aruba Mobility Master
- Aruba 72xx series controllers
- Aruba Access Points
- Implementation of a solution to manage and monitor WLAN networks – Aruba AirWave.
The projects to build a new WLAN network covered two areas – telecommunication (horizontal cabling) and WLAN. That is why we wanted a supplier to take responsibility for the entire undertaking. The division of tasks into two areas came with many risks. We were looking to commission a partner with knowledge and experience of the WLAN technology we were currently using – Extreme Networks (formerly Motorola). We expected the integration of two WLAN networks during the transition period. We decided to cooperate with Exence because this company has extensive knowledge and experience in implementing such projects.